Panoramic City Tour and Murano, Burano, Torcello
A half-day excursion to discover the most beautiful islands of the Venetian Lagoon: Murano, Burano and Torcello!
- Excursion by motorboat in the northern area of the Venetian Lagoon
- Explore the three famous islands Murano, Burano, Torcello
- Hear multilingual commentary provided on board by an expert hostess
- Visit and demonstration of the ancient art of glassblowing is included
- Special offers for families: select "Panoramic City Tour and Murano, Burano, Torcello FAMILY"
- Departure is from Venice Santa Lucia Railway Station or San Marco Giardinetti
What you can expect:
This half-day boat excursion will make you discover the most beautiful islands of the Venitian lagoon: Murano, Burano and Torcello. A hostess will provide main information and curiosities during the trip, so that you can fully enjoy your free time on each island.
Less than half an hour by boat from the historic center of Venice, Murano is the first stop of the excursion: you will visit the historic center where the Church of Santa Maria and San Donato is and watch a glass blowing demonstration inside an ancient furnace (the visit to the furnace is included in the price and is in not compulsory).
The second stop is Torcello, an island immersed in the florid lagoon landscape, where the first inhabitants of Venice had settled. The island, which nowadays has only 11 residents, has an important historical and archaeological value, with finds dating back even to the Roman imperial age. In Torcello you will have the chance to admire the Basilica of Santa Maria Assunta, the Church of Santa Fosca, the throne of Attila and the Devil's Bridge or find refreshment in one of the characteristic bars of the island.
Finally, you will be visiting Burano, famous for the colorful fishermen's houses. Stroll through the narrow streets, taste the typical sweets of the island called "Bussolà", explore the hand-made lace shops ... or simply get lost in the most instagrammable island in Italy.
You will then return to Venice, where you can stop and visit St.Mark’s Square, or proceed to Venice Santa Lucia railway station.
Duration: 4½ h from San Marco Giardinetti / 5½ h from Railway Station - Santa Lucia
Avaliable every day (except for December the 25th)
Languages: Italian, English, Spanish, German, French
Children 0-5 years are free of charge
Dep. from Railway St. is 30 min before San Marco dep.
Change your voucher into a regular ticket at the meeting point
- San Marco Giardinetti c/o Alilaguna ticket counter (arrive strictly 15 minutes prior to departure).
- Railway Station c/o Alilaguna ticket office located outside the station, at the corner of the Scalzi church (arrive strictly 15 minutes prior to departure).
The indicated time to select is referred to San Marco departures. The departure from Venice Railway Station is moved up 30 min compared to San Marco
The "Panoramic City Tour and Murano, Burano, Torcello FAMILY" offer is for 2 adults + 2 children max 12 years old
NOTE: In case of variation on your reservation please contact us by mail or phone 24 hours before your service (subject to avaliability).
It's recommended to book the tour at least 24 hours before the selected date.